Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Re-release mania

In case anyone hasn't noticed, anime companies are slowing their release of new anime. Of course, no one should be surprised, since the current economic recession has kept so many people from buying anything expensive nowadays.

In April alone, there's only about two or three new series being released by anime companies. Only one of them, "D. Gray Man," is an A-list anime. All the other releases are re-releases of series from the last two years, such as "Gankutsuou," "Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory" and (shudder) "Moonlight Mile."

So don't be surprised if I'm reviewing old anime for a while. On the plus side, I get to catch up with all the anime I haven't seen yet, such as the third and fourth voyages of "One Piece" and "Death Note." Who knows--I might even take a swipe at reviewing all the seasons of "Inuyasha," if I get lucky.

No comments: