Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Distracted by The Watchmen

I'm about to finish a review of "Aria" season one, but I have to say that I was really disappointed by The Watchmen. I mean, Zach Snyder paid way too much attention to all the "In your face" action and the super-intense gore. The actors also sounded way too dramatic and vicious for this type of film. After two-and-a-half hours of ad nauseum, I had enough.

In fact, I almost felt like I wanted to quit watching anime after that film. But I felt somewhat better after watching "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time" again.

However, the film was so needlessly explicit. I mean, we didn't HAVE to have a dark close-up shot of Rorshach hacking that cleaver into someone's head, or the excessive blood-splattering after someone cut off a guy's hands with a power saw. And the graphic novel didn't have so much annoying cold music from "The Matrix" to make it sound so much more hardcore than the novel was.

God, I just needed a barf bag after that film. It traumatized me so much. Blech.

No comments: