Pages

Friday, October 16, 2009

A Second Look - Intro

I've decided to add a new category of stories to my blog: A Second Look. Sometimes I gloss over all the details of a series and I forget to make any thoughtful analysis of it. This is usually because I haven't finished it yet.

So in these situations, it's a good idea to take another look into this series, to clearly pick apart what makes each one unique in its message.

Probably the first one I'll take a second look at is "Fullmetal Alchemist." I've paid almost too much attention to the epic story, intense action and trendy punk rock opening and ending songs. Admittedly, the series almost feels like a power-pop entity within itself. However, I'll try to pay attention more to how the series uses the transformation of the body to explicitly show various forms of corruption and heartlessness.

It sounded weird at first. However, after a couple minutes pondering the series' arguments against "get-rich quickly" schemes and whatnot, I think I was actually getting somewhere.

Ha, imagine me trying to actually understand a cool phenomenon of transforming metal bodies and gothic homunculi. Hahaha. I'm such a geek...

No comments: